IMMEDIATE OPENING FOR PART TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR CHAMBER OFFICE
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT HIRING PROCEDURES
The Chamber’s Administrative Assistant performs general office duties including, typing, filing, primary telephone receptionist and taking minutes at meetings. Qualified candidates will be proficient with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Publisher. Additional duties include information tracking and compilation, assisting with planning and implementation of Chamber general membership meetings and banquets, updating the Chamber website and membership database, as well as assisting with special projects as needed.
The Chamber Administrative Assistant is the first person our members see and speak with on the telephone. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who likes working with the public while able to multi-task.
Position hours are 8:30 am to 3:00 pm with a one half hour lunch. Some evening and hours are required for Chamber event staffing.
Position includes paid holidays and 5 days paid vacation per year after 12 months of employment. There is a 90-day employment probationary period.
Candidates for this position must take the following steps:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Jennifer Jones, Executive Director, Salem County Chamber of Commerce via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete a telephone and personal interview with the Chamber’s Executive Director and Chamber Board Chair and Vice Chair.
- Complete a brief writing/skills test.
- Complete and sign a Pre-employment Inquiry Release with three reference sources.
- Complete US Department of the Treasury W-4 form upon acceptance of position.
- Provide a copy of a valid driver’s license.
- Meet Federal Regulations with proof of citizenship.
Please feel free to pass this along.