Alloway Twp. – The 47th Annual Alloway Halloween Parade will be held this Saturday evening, Oct 24, 2015. Please, read the announcements for this Saturday’s annual parade that is held during the evening each year in Alloway, NJ. Below are several announcements from the Alloway Halloween Parade Committee. Whether you’re a first or long time attendee, keep in mind that safety is everyone’s concern.
Please read the below notes before attending this Saturday’s event. The Alloway Halloween Parade is a cherished event for families and individuals of all ages:
- Roads close at 6pm. Please, do not park in a no parking area of the streets. The side streets are marked on one side in case of emergency so vehicles/fire trucks/ambulances/police cars can have access to our roads!
- Parking is first come, first served on side streets. As the parade does not have a public parking area, please, be mindful of where you park your vehicle. Also, due to recent issues with alleged thefts & vandalism of motor vehicles in downtown Alloway, be sure to lock your vehicles.
- The staging area is not a parking lot nor through way. For the safety of the participants, avoid Cedar Street, School Lane, and the area of Waterworks Rd. beginning at Sawmill Rd. to Greenwich Street. The parade committee utilizes these areas to get the parade lined up, so stay off.
- The Registration Tent is on the Waterworks Rd. side of the Alloway Township Municipal Building. Please, use care when driving around the area as it can become congested.
- Port-a-pots are located at various points around the Parade route.
- If you have a participant you need to drop off and you do not see their entry, please have them go to the registration tent to see if their group has checked in. Do not go through the staging area to drop them off at their lineup spot.
- There are trashcans at various points around the parade route as well. Property owners and parade committee members have to clean up after the parade.
- It will be dark. It is a night time parade. Please keep tabs on your children at all times.
- It will be cold. Please, bring blankets and dress warmly. Along the way, there may be vendors with hot chocolate or coffee, but the Parade Committee has no dealings with the vendors and their wares.
- An announcing stand is set up at the Alloway Ambulance Hall so that those on E. Main Street can have as an enjoyable a time hearing and seeing the parade.
- The Judges Stand on Friesburg Road is another area where announcements happen and short performances are given for the judges. The Queen will be announced immediately after the Parade at this stand.
- It was mentioned to the Parade Committee that the drivers of some of the longer entries are having a hard time going around the corners because people are in the road way. The drivers are afraid the spectators will be injured or hit because of people not moving. Please be sure sure to get off of the parade route!
Public Notice from Alloway Methodist Church:
The Alloway United Methodist Church is happy that residents and visitors are able to use the sidewalk frontage by the Cemetery to view the annual parade. However, they do request that those using that area remember that the grounds behind them are the resting place of many of our community’s loved ones and they have asked that families are mindful and keep their children from playing on the grave sites.
Below is a map of the parade route and photo from a past Alloway Halloween Parade: