Salem County -The Salem County Department of Health & Social Services announces May dates for their Walk N’ Talk program. As with the April schedule, the walks will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays.
All walks are dependent on the weather. In the event of severe heat or rain, please contact the Health Department at 856-935-7510, extension 8302. We will be continuing our partnership with the Office of Disability Services to encourage our residents with special needs to participate on dates with ** before it. Below is the list of dates and locations for May 2014’s walking events in the county:
• May 12th- Elephant Swamp Trail 14 Harding Hwy. Elmer, 2 pm. Topic will be the Mediterranean Diet.
• **May 14th- Health Department Office 110 5th St. Salem, 10 am. Topic will be Skin Cancer.
• **May 19th- Marlton Recreation Park 123 Marlton Rd. Woodstown, 2 pm. Topic will be Essential Oils.
• **May 21st- Carney’s Point Recreation Complex Penns Grove- Auburn Rd. Carney’s Point, 10am Topic will be Juicing
• May 28th- Parvin State Park Almond Rd. Pittsgrove, 10 am. Topic will be a Nature Walk.
For more information about Move Yourself! Salem County, visit us online at SalemCountyNJ.gov/Health/Education/MoveYourself. Also, get regular updates and walk dates and times at our Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/SalemCountyHealth. You can also share how you and your family move on Instagram and Twitter with #MoveYourselfSalemCounty. If you would like to speak directly to the health educator, call 856-935-7510, extension 8302. We look forward to seeing our returning walkers and meeting new residents. All new participants will be given a free pedometer and water bottle. Any member who brings a friend to a walk will receive a gift.