Salem County Job Opening!
Delco Development who owns two of Pennsville’s Hotels (Super 8 and/or Hampton Inn) is hiring for a Sales Manager
Manage accounts to achieve guest satisfaction and to solicit past and new business to ensure all revenue goals are achieved or exceeded for multi property complex. Responsible for soliciting new group sales accounts, entertaining, and maintaining relationships with existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals in rooms, food, beverage, and room rental.
The following are specific contributions that must be already developed in order to be placed in a hotel:
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing room, banquet, and room rental revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments’ participation in servicing accounts.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, internal booking reports and file maintenance.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Ability to perform successful cold sales calls, phone calls, site visits. Participation in Chamber events, industry events, etc. Also have the ability to work nights and weekends, including MOD shifts, dependent on business demands
- Work with and professionally interact with the DOS, GM and affected department heads regarding Hotel services provided to Corporate Sales clients such as rooms division and food and beverage services.
- Other duties as assigned by the DOS, GM or corporate offices.
- At least two years in a Hospitality sales position.
For questions or interest in the position please email all resumes and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.